Thursday, April 8, 2010

Mind The Gap


Brian Kim: Teacher, I lose a tooth!
Teacher: Get used to it, I got a feeling you are gonna lose for most of your life.
Brian Kim: Huh?
Teacher: Nevermind, so what happened, did Kevin punch you in the face ? (reaching out my hand for Kevin to give me a high five)
Brian Kim: No, it just fall out.
Teacher: Dude, you gotta learn to make stories more interesting, cause right now you are LOSING my attention.
Brian Kim: But that is what happen.
Teacher: "ed"
Brian Kim: "ed"?
Teacher: HappenED. It is "happened". I feel like you should learn atleast something today. So did you stick it under your pillow for the tooth fairy?
Brian Kim: What is "Tooth Fairy"
Teacher: (explains what a Tooth Fairy is) .... and they don't discriminate, even if you are a big dink.
Brian Kim: I don't beliebe* this "Tooth Fairy".
Teacher: What do you mean you don't believe,(holding back the urge to launch into a diatribe about christianity, Brian Kim's spiritual drug of choice) just this week you believed your mother, who is very much alive, was a ghost in your room. You put the "DICK" in "ridiculous.
Brian Kim: She was, and this tooth fairy is not real. I don't beliebe.
Teacher: Well, you and the Tooth Fairy have a lot in common, cause a lot of my readers don't think you are real.
Brian Kim: Readers? I don't understand.

Teacher: And you never will


* it's been months, but the kid still can't get down his fucking "V's". Probably be easier to change the English pronounciation worldwide, than get this kid to figure this shit out.

2 comments:

  1. HAhaha! "Readers?" I want to tell him so bad. I'm so torn because I can't decide between the look of confusion and fear on BK's face (delightful) and you not being deported. Buuuut, I guess I'll let you stick around for a while.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just had to teach how to pronounce the -ed for past tense verbs. That shit is harder than you would think. English has some freaky ass rules.

    BTW: There is totally a tooth fairy ^^

    ReplyDelete